Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Tom Evans
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- Careerwsie I'm a UX Designer, hobbywise music, I play guitar and creative writing.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- I;ve got into sound design and sound production.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Make sure you have a routine, get up and dressed and showered at a normal time and wind down at a set time. Also be creative, even if that's just colouring in.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- I bet you look good on the dance floor by the Arctic Monkeys. It's my track, my going out, getting ready and being with your friends track.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- That's Life by Frank Sinatra, when I was young I'd go to my nan's making apple pies and she'd always have one of the Kroners on.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- Jade Bird, she's a singer song writer and I just think she's brilliant.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- Jubilee Street - Live in Copenhagen - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, it's completely different to the album version.
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- Jad Bird, you've probably all heard the rest so check her out.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- The Noise of Time by Julian Barnes.
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- Physically seeing my friends.
- That's Life - Frank Sinatra
- My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone
- Last Night - The Strokes
- I bet you look good on the dance floor - Arctic Monkeys
- Killing in the Name (from The Battle Of Mexico City) - Rage Against The Machine
- Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
- Jubilee Street - Live in Copenhagen - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Ghost of Tom Joad - Madison Square Garden - Bruce Springsteen with Tom Morello
- Heroin - The Velvet Underground
- Love Has All Been Done Before Black Box Sessions - Jade Bird
Killing in the Name (from The Battle Of Mexico City) is not on Spotify so I've added Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles September 2000. Ghost of Tom Joad - Madison Square Garden, is not on Spotify so I've added the version recorded in Anaheim April 2008.