Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Me, Stephen Sheridan
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- I'm a hospital porter, I really really like musics, gigs and hanging out with friends at festivals.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- Watching lots more kids TV shows, as we can't take the kids to the park. Spending a lot more time with the kids in the garden.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Don't be hard on yourself, you don't have to be brilliant at everything.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- Life Becoming a Landslide Glastonbury - Manic Street Preachers, but it could have been any Manics song. If it had been 19 then it would have been a totally different question.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- Superstar - Carpenters, my dad was a huge influence on me musically, but I've chosen this one as it's one as it reminds me of my mum.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- Smoko - The Chats, I heard them on a Rough Trade podcast and surprisingly for me they'd already had 10 million listens.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- Wandering Star Live at Glastonbury 2013 - Portishead, it's hairs on the back of your neck. It was one of those nights where the winds going the flags are all going and the music seamed to swell up with the temperature dropping.
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- All of them, but The Hold Steady - Killer Parties, they're just so good at it and they're a great live band.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Coupland.
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- Going for a pint, a proprer pint in a pub.
- Life Becoming a Landslide Glastonbury - Manic Street Preachers
- Superstar - Carpenters
- Smoko - The Chats
- Wandering Star - Amazing Beth Live Glastonbury 2013 - Portishead
- Killer Parties (Live - Harrisburg PA) - The Hold Steady
- Romance - Ex:Re
- Happyalone. - Bodybags
- Rescue Me - Arts & Leisure
- Singularity - New Order
- British Racing Green - Madd
Stephen asked if he could have a bonus track:
Can I request a bonus track? Special edition? I actually did mean to put this in, but there’s always aband that tangentially leads to another one in my head so I forget this. Evan Dando - The Outdoor Type MTV.
Life Becoming a Landslide by Manic Street Preachers Glastonbury is not on Spotify so I added an alternate Live version recorded in Astoria London in December 1994. Wandering Star by Portishead live at Glastonbury is not on Spotify so I added the Album version. Evan Dando - The Outdoor Type MTV is not on Spotify so I added the Lemonheads version.