Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Çlaire Ralphson-Cook
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- I'm a consumerologist, which means I fix a lot about how people shop. What I'm really passionate about is community and festivals, the two things to me are connected.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- I've discovered jigsaws and I don't think I've done a jigsaw since I was 4 years old.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Take it easy on yourself, be gentle on yourself and it's OK to sit and do nothing.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- I Don't Want To Talk About It by Everything But The Girl, there was lots going on at the time with the rave scene and free parties, which were amazing, but I sometimes needed something a bit more down tempo.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- I went to a British School in Germany and it would take over an hour to get to school and back, so I didn't have the same after school experience as most, so we'd write letters and make mix tapes to share with each other. I had this friend Alex and he was properly different from everyone else and he introduced me to April Skies by Jesus and Mary Chain.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- This is new too me, Kate Tempest and it was recommended to me and I've been listening to her on my commute. Many times I've been listening and arrived at Paddington and haven't even noticed as I've been consummed. I've chosen Europe is Lost.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- I've gone for one that I wasn't there it's a Live Lounge version of Waiting All Night by Rudimental featuring Ella Eyre. This is an acoustic version and I really wish I'd been there, although I have seen this live as well.
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- The one you have to listen to is PJ Harvey's Down by the Water.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- Possession by A.S. Byatt.
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- No contest, I can not wait to see people and giving them hugs. I'm going to be very busy travelling the country hugging. I also can't wait to have a flat white.
- I Don't Want To Talk About It - Everything But The Girl
- April Skies - Jesus and Mary Chain
- Europe is Lost - Kate Tempest
- Waiting All Night (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge) - Rudimental ft. Ella Eyre
- Down by the Water - PJ Harvey
- Red - Martha Tilston
- Dear Prudence - Siouxse Sioux
- I'm so tired - Jennylee
- Stupid Girl - Garbage
- Road Rage - Catalonia
Waiting All Night (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge) - Rudimental ft. Ella Eyre is not on Spotify so added the Acoustic version