Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Chris Taylor
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- I help companies with technology, I've been basically building websites for 22 years. My hobby is building websites. My passion is Music and everything I do is to fund music.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- Garden and manual labour, we've recently bought some extra land from a neighbour and it was really just a jungle.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Use this time as an oportunity to prune the things that you don't like in your life.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- Just by Radiohead, it can out a couple of months after I turned 18 and I found myself shouting it at my firend and they in turn shouted it back at me.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- Blue Rondo A La Turk by Dave Brubeck Quartet I got this from my dad, whenever we went anywhere my dad always put Jazz on in the car.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- Make Me Cry by Jacob Collier, he's sickenly talented and can play ever instrument.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- Inside My Heart by Iona, they are a Christian Prog-Rock band and this is one of their more accessible tracks.
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- When nI was 19 I bought an amplifier from the Classified Ads in the local paper from a young lad and when I picked it up we chatted about lots of things, mostky music and we became friends. He was a musician and a few years later he asked me to go on tour with him to be his guitar tech. So I've selected one of his tracks, Dreams by Milan Lad.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- I'm recommending 2 books one for folk who work in tech/web/software which is Resilient Web Design by Jeremy Keith. Also a book of none techs Credo by Melvyn Bragg.
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- I'm really looking forward to being jumped on by my grandsons.
- Just - Radiohead
- Blue Rondo A La Turk - Dave Brubeck Quartet
- Inside My Heart - Iona
- Make Me Cry - Jacob Collier
- Only So Much Oil In The Ground - Tower of Power
- Me Comfort Still - Eden Burning
- You're Always Right - These Animal Men
- Poet In The Sky - The Walker Project
- Not Yet - Michel Camilo Big Band
- Dreams - Milan Lad
Inside My Heart by Iona Live is not on Spotify so I've added the Studio version. Dreams by Milan Lad is not available on Spotify, in fact to be part of his selection Chris had to upload this to YouTube. Due to this Chris has added System by Brotherly to the Spotify Playlist.