Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Andy Clarke
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- I'm a designer, a web designer. I read a lot about design, I love movies and watch films while I'm working and also music. I created a shop of code/music t-shirts, with band fonts to CSS properties.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- Getting off my ar*e and doing things. I've also got into Alpines.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Don't watch the news, at the moment it's all consuming and it's not good.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- When I was 18 I was in a band and we supported acts when they came to town and we supported Billy Bragg on his first tour so I've chosen Milkman of Human Kindness.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- When I was a young kids, my Uncle had a proper hifi with real to real tape. He was into ELO so from Out of the Blue I've choosen Wild West Hero.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- Most of my musical listening stopped in 1983, but the choice I've choosen is No time to Die (the theme tune to new Bond film) by Billie Eilish.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- High Voltage by AC/DC from my favourite album of all time, If You Want Blood, You Got It (Live).
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- I'd like people to watch Overkill by Motörhead, it really does capture what it's like at a Motörhead.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- Apart from my own book, Art Direction for the Web. I'd like to recommend two books, The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple by Jeff Guinn and Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression - and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Hari.
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- Fish and Chips, real fish and chips I'll even take my own newspaper so I can decant them out of the polystyrene container.
- High Voltage - AC/DC
- Back in Black - AC/DC
- Milkman of Human Kindness - Billy Bragg
- No Time To Die - Billie Eilish
- Wild West Hero - Electric Light Orchestra
- A New England - Kirsty MacColl
- Bat Out Of Hell - Meatloaf
- Overkill (Live) - Motorhead
- Save Me - Queen
- The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
No Time To Die (Live From The BRIT Awards, London) by Billie Eilish is not on Spotify so I've added the studio version.