Questions & Answers
These are summarised answers to hear the full answers watch the video
- What is your name?
- Andy Bell
- What do you do, for a job or hobby?
- I'm an educator and freelance web designer, at the moment I'm creating online courses on a site called Piccalil.li. I'm really into music.
- What have you started doing since lockdown that you didn't do before?
- The kids don't go to nursery anymore, which has had a massive affect on us and also fro some reason I've started to run, I'm running everywhere.
- What piece of advice can you give others in lockdown?
- Work less than you did before, as you're being less distracted.
- Tell me about the song from when you were 18 years old.
- 4 by Aphex twin, it was a turning point track me. I didn't really get electronica and I heard this and that was it.
- Tell me about the song from when you were a child that you still listen to.
- My music taste is derived from my dad and he unloaded his music tast upon me. So I really remember Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel and the video is awesome.
- Tell me about the act/artist you've discovered in the past 12 months.
- I really like hip hop and Heydon said you should defintely try Dälek and I've had it on loop for the past 2 weeks.
- Tell me about a live track that stands out for you, may be from a gig you were at or a gig you wish you were at.
- Voodoo People by The Prodigy, I saw them at Download Festival in 2006 and when this came on I wasn't even touching the floor, like most people.
- Out of the 10 tracks in your playlist, which 1 track do you really hope people listen too and why?
- Straight Off The D.I.C. by Cannibal Ox, that album The Cold Vein is by far my favourite hip hop album, it's supreme a masterpiece.
- Can you recommend a book that you love but you think others have not read.
- Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- What are you looking forward to doing most when lockdown is over?
- There's this coffee shop in Cheltenham, called The Coffee Dispensary, and I can not wait to go sit in there and have a cortado.
- Thank You - Led Zeppelin
- Stare at the Sun - Thrice
- Voodoo People - The Prodigy
- Nothing Stays Permanent - Dälek
- Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
- Digital Bath - Deftones
- 4 - Aphex Twin
- My Red Hot Car - Squarepusher
- The Past Should Stay Dead - Emarosa
- Straight Off The D.I.C. - Cannibal Ox
Andy's favourite live version of Voodoo people by The Prodigy is from Download 2006. He says: "It was at Download in 2006 when they headlined the side tent. It was one of the most immense live experiences I've ever had. My feet literally didn't touch the floor for the entire set". This version is neither on YouTube or Spotify, so for YouTube I've selected Live at Rock am Ring 2015 and Spotify the Album Version.